Translation of thoroughfare in Spanish:
- 1.1 (street) [literary]Example sentences1.2 no thoroughfare
(in cul-de-sac)(in private road)Example sentences
- I walk back towards my lodgings on Broad Street, which is the main thoroughfare through town.
- The pub is situated on the town's main thoroughfare and has street frontage of nearly 11 metres.
- The march passed through the town's main thoroughfares and ended outside the local press club.
- Although it could not be driven in a car, the route would steer cyclists off extremely busy roads and onto quiet thoroughfares and country lanes.
- By night the City Mall turns into a thoroughfare for people moving between the City's most popular nightspots.
- This week work was under way to re-open the path and residents are hoping it will be a thoroughfare again by the weekend.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.