Translation of thoroughfare in Spanish:
- 1.1 (street) [literary/literario] calle (feminine), vía (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (public road) vía (feminine) pública, carretera (feminine) no thoroughfare (in cul-de-sac) calle cortada (in private road) prohibido el paso
- I walk back towards my lodgings on Broad Street, which is the main thoroughfare through town.
- The pub is situated on the town's main thoroughfare and has street frontage of nearly 11 metres.
- The march passed through the town's main thoroughfares and ended outside the local press club.
- Although it could not be driven in a car, the route would steer cyclists off extremely busy roads and onto quiet thoroughfares and country lanes.
- By night the City Mall turns into a thoroughfare for people moving between the City's most popular nightspots.
- This week work was under way to re-open the path and residents are hoping it will be a thoroughfare again by the weekend.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the