- 1.1 (street) [literary/literario] calle (feminine), vía (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (public road) vía (feminine) pública, carretera (feminine) no thoroughfare (in cul-de-sac) calle cortada (in private road) prohibido el paso
More example sentences
- I walk back towards my lodgings on Broad Street, which is the main thoroughfare through town.
- The pub is situated on the town's main thoroughfare and has street frontage of nearly 11 metres.
- The march passed through the town's main thoroughfares and ended outside the local press club.
- Although it could not be driven in a car, the route would steer cyclists off extremely busy roads and onto quiet thoroughfares and country lanes.
- By night the City Mall turns into a thoroughfare for people moving between the City's most popular nightspots.
- This week work was under way to re-open the path and residents are hoping it will be a thoroughfare again by the weekend.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.