- 1.1 (street) [literario/literary] calle (f), vía (f)More example sentences1.2 (public road) vía (f) pública, carretera (f) no thoroughfare (in cul-de-sac) calle cortada (in private road) prohibido el paso
More example sentences
- I walk back towards my lodgings on Broad Street, which is the main thoroughfare through town.
- The pub is situated on the town's main thoroughfare and has street frontage of nearly 11 metres.
- The march passed through the town's main thoroughfares and ended outside the local press club.
- Although it could not be driven in a car, the route would steer cyclists off extremely busy roads and onto quiet thoroughfares and country lanes.
- By night the City Mall turns into a thoroughfare for people moving between the City's most popular nightspots.
- This week work was under way to re-open the path and residents are hoping it will be a thoroughfare again by the weekend.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...