Translation of thoroughly in Spanish:
- 1.1(wash/clean)a conciencia(work)mix the ingredients thoroughlymezclar bien los ingredientesExample sentences1.2 (completely)
(understand)I thoroughly agreewe thoroughly enjoyed ourselvesestoy completamente or absolutamente de acuerdothey seem thoroughly fed upnos divertimos muchísimo or [colloquial] de lo lindoshe's thoroughly unpleasantparecen estar verdaderamente or absolutamente hartoshe's thoroughly honestes de lo más desagradableExample sentences
- This involved thoroughly cleaning the house, rather a lot of food preparation and blowing up about twenty balloons.
- Houses and shops are thoroughly cleaned to make a fresh new start and to host holiday visitors.
- Everyone followed him and spilt up, searching the entire island thoroughly.
- Although immensely stressful, she thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of her wedding preparation.
- Although windy, the weather stayed dry and all the participants thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
- All the participants thoroughly enjoyed the walk on the famed Pilgrim Path.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.