- [archaic or liter](Religion)Example sentences
- However, a scripture I had learned as a child took on a whole new meaning: ‘What is man that thou art mindful of him?’
- In Solomon's Song the interrogators ask the bride, ‘What is thy beloved more than another beloved, O thou fairest among women?’
- But curb thou the high spirit in thy breast, for gentle ways are best, and keep aloof from sharp contentions.
- → thousandExample sentences
- He will give us a hundred thou just for bringing her in alive!
- A couple hundred thou would make a lot of my problems easier to handle.
- It was close to ten o'clock when I reached the house I wanted: mid-range for this neighborhood, less than three hundred thou, but they'd added a pool since.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.