Translation of though in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (despite the fact that) though the house is small, it is very comfortableaunque or a pesar de que la casa es pequeña, es muy cómodathe house, though small, is very comfortablela casa, aunque or si bien (es) pequeña, es muy cómodathough you may find this hard to believeaunque te cueste creerlogood though the book is, it could have been betteraunque el libro es bueno podría haber sido mejorExample sentences1.2 (but) I wouldn't have thought it likely, though you may be right
no lo hubiera creído posible, aunque puede (ser) que tengas razónExample sentences
- Haylage is becoming more popular and though it is more expensive than hay, has a higher feed value.
- In fact, though the alarm has some basis in fact, it should be treated with scepticism.
- The fact on which he now relies is that though he stole, he did not in fact threaten violence.
- The Japanese still have a chance of qualifying, though they need at least another goal.
- He tried it in a local chalk pit where he usually rode and was pleased with it, though he found brake problems.
- Two bombs hit the ship, neither of which exploded, though one man died in the raid.
- 1 (nevertheless, however) it is easy, though, to understand their feelings the course is difficult; it's interesting, thoughel curso es difícil, pero es interesante
- 2 (just, indeed) [colloquial]he's very talented — isn't he though!tiene mucho talento — ¡si tendrá …!Example sentences
- I wish them all the best though, and fully appreciate the time and effort they put in.
- The service is not slow though, we get a jug of iced water right away and a young waiter soon arrives to take our order.
- In these opening weeks of the season, though, he will remain a figure of possibility.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.