- 1 countable/numerable (bird) tordo (masculine), zorzal (masculine)More example sentences
- Among birds that can be attracted in the summer are brown thrashers, catbirds, robins, thrushes, waxwings, woodpeckers, orioles, cardinals, towhees and grosbeaks.
- The ubiquitous starling is one of the most widespread problem species but blackbirds, partridges, robins, sparrows, thrushes, and finches are also common.
- The migratory songbirds, the thrushes and warblers and tanagers and orioles that summer in the Pacific Northwest, spend their winters in the forested highlands of southern Mexico and Central America.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Medicine/Medicina] aftas (feminine plural)More example sentences
More example sentences
- In newborns, it usually shows up as diaper rash, but new babies can also develop oropharyngeal candidiasis, or thrush, in the mouth and throat.
- These are recommended for some people with gum disease and for people with other mouth infections such as thrush.
- Patients who had HIV infection, oral thrush, lymphadenopathy, chronic cough of more than one month duration, fever, or weight loss were more likely to have mycobacteraemia.
- Cystitis or vaginal irritations such as thrush, vaginitis, and genital warts are also likely to cause soreness.
- The juice extracted from the fresh flowers is a natural antiseptic that can be used externally to treat bacterial infections and vaginal thrush.
- In men, lichen planus can affect the penis, with purple-coloured or white ring-shaped patches, which may be confused with thrush but are often not itchy.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.