- (bird)Example sentences
- Among birds that can be attracted in the summer are brown thrashers, catbirds, robins, thrushes, waxwings, woodpeckers, orioles, cardinals, towhees and grosbeaks.
- The ubiquitous starling is one of the most widespread problem species but blackbirds, partridges, robins, sparrows, thrushes, and finches are also common.
- The migratory songbirds, the thrushes and warblers and tanagers and orioles that summer in the Pacific Northwest, spend their winters in the forested highlands of southern Mexico and Central America.
- uncountable (Medicine)aftas (feminine plural)Example sentences
- In newborns, it usually shows up as diaper rash, but new babies can also develop oropharyngeal candidiasis, or thrush, in the mouth and throat.
- These are recommended for some people with gum disease and for people with other mouth infections such as thrush.
- Patients who had HIV infection, oral thrush, lymphadenopathy, chronic cough of more than one month duration, fever, or weight loss were more likely to have mycobacteraemia.
- Cystitis or vaginal irritations such as thrush, vaginitis, and genital warts are also likely to cause soreness.
- The juice extracted from the fresh flowers is a natural antiseptic that can be used externally to treat bacterial infections and vaginal thrush.
- In men, lichen planus can affect the penis, with purple-coloured or white ring-shaped patches, which may be confused with thrush but are often not itchy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.