Translation of tidy in Spanish:
adjective tidier, tidiest
- 1(garden/lawn)she has a tidy mind
bien cuidadoes muy metódicaExample sentences
- If you wore slacks you were almost certainly a member of the golf club, you were neat and tidy and smart, you were destined for a middling job, an early marriage and early middle age.
- Yet this girl, with a meticulously tidy mother and accountant father, was a walking bomb site who couldn't add up.
- After the third knock a charming and tidy gentleman appeared at the front door.
- 2 (considerable) [colloquial] (before noun)Example sentences
- You could join the thieves guild and make quite a tidy bit of money.
- He put a tidy amount on at 40-1 and picked up a four-figure sum.
- We deferred almost all our household spending for six months and thus earned a tidy amount of extra interest.
- The former Biggar player's tidy performance encapsulated the discipline and focus of a side which had a well-constructed gameplan and which stuck to it as well as they have all year.
- 1 1.1 (on chair)(American English)1.2 (container) (British English) desk/kitchen tidy
antimacasar (masculine)organizador (masculine) para el escritorio/la cocina
- 2 (act) (no plural) the room needs a tidyhay que arreglar or ordenar la habitaciónExample sentences
- Several tons of rubbish were cleaned from houses during the tidy-up.
- Rain stopped play on the garage painting project late in the afternoon, so Graham shifted his attention to the inside, doing a major tidy-up on the garage and on his workshop at the back end.
- Many parents of teenagers know all about bedrooms needing a good tidy-up, but how many would require a full-scale archaeological dig?
- he tidied the photos away in a drawer
- 1verb + object + adverb, verb + adverb + object (make neat) I asked the hairdresser to tidy my hair up
guardó las fotos en un cajón
(vaciar y) ordenar
(vaciar y) ordenar
le pedí al peluquero que me recortara las puntasto tidy oneself up
arreglarse2verb + adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.