Translation of tilt in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- inclinar he tilted his head to one side ladeó la cabeza to tilt sth back/forward inclinar algo hacia atrás/adelante
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1.1 (slope) inclinarse the chair nearly tilted over la silla casi se cae para atrás her eyebrows tilted in surprise arqueó las cejas sorprendida 1.2 (in jousting) to tilt
atsb/sth acometer or arremeter (lanza en ristre) contraalgn/algoExample sentences
- The same might be said of rifle practice, as compared with bravely tilting at an enemy with spear and shield upon an open field of battle.
- But he's already tilted at, and failed to land, Spain's Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria and Germany's Commerzbank.
- When Morgan left in 1996 the balance of power was tilting gently again towards Kerry.
- It's a travesty because if anything the axis of power has been tilting back towards men in recent years.
- I eased off the brakes and pulled on the power lines by tilting the handles towards me.
- 1 u and c 1.1 (slope) inclinación (feminine) sideways tilt ladeo (masculine) 1.2 (action) to give sth a tilt inclinar algo
- 3 (cover) toldo (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to