Translation of tilt in Spanish:
- 1.1 (slope)the chair nearly tilted overinclinarseher eyebrows tilted in surprisela silla casi se cae para atrás1.2 (in jousting) See examples:to tiltarqueó las cejas sorprendida
atsomebody/somethingacometer or arremeter (lanza en ristre) contraalguien/algoExample sentences
- The same might be said of rifle practice, as compared with bravely tilting at an enemy with spear and shield upon an open field of battle.
- But he's already tilted at, and failed to land, Spain's Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria and Germany's Commerzbank.
- When Morgan left in 1996 the balance of power was tilting gently again towards Kerry.
- It's a travesty because if anything the axis of power has been tilting back towards men in recent years.
- I eased off the brakes and pulled on the power lines by tilting the handles towards me.
- 1 uncountable and countable 1.1 (slope) sideways tilt1.2 (action) See examples: to give something a tiltladeo (masculine)inclinar algoExample sentences
- But I could feel that we were descending slowly - after two solid days on aeroplanes, my inner ear was sensitive to the tilt of movement.
- A primary factor controlling the seasons and climate is the obliquity, the tilt of the planet's spin axis with respect to the normal to the orbital plane.
- Marked changes in the axial tilt of the Earth have also taken place.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.