- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (material) madera (feminine) (para construcción) to be managerial/presidential timber (especially American English/especialmente inglés norteamericano) tener* madera de directivo/presidente (before noun/delante del nombre) [house] de madera timber merchant (comerciante (mf)) maderero, (masculine, feminine), comerciante de madera (masculine and feminine) timber mill aserradero (masculine), aserrío (masculine) (Colombia) the timber trade la industria maderera timber yard (British English/inglés británico) almacén (masculine) de maderasMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (trees) árboles (masculine plural) (madereros) timber! (as interjection/como interjección) ¡cuidado(, que cae)!
More example sentences1.3 countable/numerable (beam) viga (feminine), madero (masculine)
- The rainforest is being cleared legally and illegally for timber, for pulp wood to make paper, and to make way for oil palm plantations.
- An abundance of coppice woods, known as spring woods, were required to provide charcoal, tan bark, fuel wood and timber.
- They cleared some of the natural broadleaf woodland to make way for sheep pastures; they also coppiced or managed other parts of the woodland for timber and firewood.
More example sentences1.4 countable/numerable [Nautical/Náutica] cuaderna (feminine) shiver me timbers! [archaic/arcaico] ¡voto a bríos! [archaic/arcaico]
- Today, top grade oak timber is increasingly hard to find, with borer-perforated trees more suitable for paper or pulpwood.
- That's because until seedlings reach green-up, regulations keep adjacent cut blocks of marketable timber off limits to loggers.
- The cooperative has formed forest protection teams that have helped in the confiscation of illegally cut timber.
- The low, irregular ceiling is crisscrossed with beams made from ships' timbers and a log fire crackles merrily in the hearth.
- The house or building is reinforced with timbers supporting the floors inside.
- Cedar, fir, and pine were the preferred ship timbers of the ancient Mediterranean.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.