- 1.1 u and c [Pharmacology/Farmacología] tintura (feminine) tincture of iodine tintura de yodoMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (tinge) [literary/literario] tinte (masculine), dejo (masculine)
More example sentences
- Skin should be prepared with 1 or 2 percent tincture of iodine or povidone iodine for incision, suture and collection of blood for culture.
- Having said that, my last ear infection was treated in part with a tincture of vinegar and medicine suspended in oil (yes, I dropped vinaigrette in my ear).
- In 1944, I used to treat my Parkinsonism patients with tincture of stramonium (from jimsonweed) which was the only drug that we had.
- The moon cast long fingers across their pale faces, splashing argent tinctures over a thousand powdered cheeks.
- This is a rather odd interpretation of the film since the barest tincture of right-wing patriotism as a theme is nowhere to be found in it.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.