Translation of tissue in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable/no numerable [Anatomy/Anatomía] [Botany/Botánica] tejido (masculine) connective tissue tejido conectivo (before noun/delante del nombre) tissue sample muestra (feminine) de tejidoExample sentences
- For example, brain and hematopoietic stem cells give rise only to neural tissue and blood cells, respectively.
- Subcutaneous adipose tissue and skeletal muscle mass, however, were the same in both groups.
- This technique has been used for many tissues, including neural and cardiac tissue and cartilage.
- 2 countable/numerable (web) [literary/literario] trama (feminine) a tissue of lies una trama de mentirasExample sentences
- In fact, the whole thing sounds like a tissue of lies from beginning to end.
- ‘Anyone who knows me will recognise the orchestrated campaign of character assassination was a tissue of lies,’ he said.
- In his twisted world, this mild exposition is a tissue of lies, misrepresentations, and abuse of power.
- 3 3.1 countable/numerable (paper handkerchief) pañuelo (masculine) de papel, Kleenex® (masculine) 3.2 uncountable/no numerable tissue (paper) papel (masculine) de seda 3.3 uncountable/no numerable (cloth) tisú (masculine)Example sentences
- Elements from the paintings have been picked up to create a collection of saris and drapes in brocades, georgettes, tissue and jacquard crepe de chine.
- Your nose is blocked by sudden untapped reserves of mucus, so it's lucky you keep a box of paper tissues beside your bed.
- There's a lot in modern life for which to be thankful and the invention and availability of paper tissues is high on the list.
- Quickly she left the room to go search for a clean tissue to wipe the cut.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an