Translation of toe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of foot)I dipped a toe in the waterfrom head o tip o top to toemetí la punta del pie en el aguato be on one's toesde pies a cabezade arriba a abajoto keep somebody on her/his toesestar or mantenerse alertayou'll find a baby will keep you on your toeshacer que alguien se mantenga alertato stand/go toe to toe with somebody (American English)ya verás cómo un bebé te tiene al troteto step o tread on somebody's toes [colloquial]estar a la altura de alguien(offend)ofender a alguien(lit)pisar a alguienExample sentences1.2
(of sock)Example sentences
- Though the toes of the human foot are generally not capable of independent or precise movement, the flexor muscles of the big toe are vital to our gait.
- I type this having regained the feeling in my fingers, toes, trapezius, gluteus maximus and cerebral cortex.
- A bunion occurs as a result of a deformity in the big toe known as hallux valgus, where hallux means the big toe and valgus means abnormal bending towards the other toes.
- Cloth shoes do not provide this protection, nor does footwear with open toes and/or heels.
- I especially love the pointy toes and kitten heels, giving it extra style and some height, making it distinctly feminine.
- Her white woolen dress hung low, almost covering the toes of her own leather boots.
transitive verb toes, toeing, toed
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.