Translation of tolerable in Spanish:
- 1.1 (endurable) [pain/temperature/noise] tolerable, soportableExample sentences1.2 (passable) pasable
- I've spoken to the planning department, but they have said the difference is within a tolerable level, so they are not prepared to do anything about it.
- Numbers have leapt to 30 times the level considered tolerable in some of the worst affected areas of the city.
- This isn't a real solution, though, as it's not enough to get the infantry overstretch down to tolerable levels.
- But then Nicole arrives looking simply delicious, and her voice is tolerable enough.
- The voice acting is actually tolerable for the most part, unlike most other games.
- She has an indefinable screen presence that makes even her poorest scenes tolerable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's literary renaissance, known as the Golden Age (Siglo de Oro/i>), roughly covers the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries. It includes the Italian-influenced poetry of figures such as Garcilaso de la Vega; the religious verse of Fray Luis de León, Santa Teresa de Ávila and San Juan de la Cruz; picaresque novels such as the anonymous Lazarillo de Tormes and Quevedo's Buscón; Miguel de Cervantes' immortal Don Quijote; the theater of Lope de Vega, and the ornate poetry of Luis de Góngora.