Translation of tolerance in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (forbearance) to show/display tolerance toward somebodymostrarse tolerante con alguienExample sentences1.2 uncountable (endurance) 1.3 uncountable (Medicine)
- Both were advocates of religious tolerance and antagonists of untouchability.
- But there is a third position, beyond religious fundamentalism and liberal tolerance.
- London's character, its liberality, religious tolerance and diversity, is the very thing that makes it vulnerable.
Example sentences1.4 uncountable and countable (deviation)
- The study of modern ecology and environmental tolerances of plant communities and plant species enables ecologists and biogeographers to determine how far climate can influence geographical distribution.
- The difference among species may be caused by different tolerances for harsh conditions.
- For him, understanding the individualistic environmental tolerances and characteristics of species in nature was a fundamental part of any botanical inquiry.
- The fact that our body can develop a tolerance to alcohol complicates how we judge alcohol's affect on our bodies.
- Take a five-day break from capsules or liquid every one to two weeks to prevent your body from developing a tolerance to the herb.
- You can't build up a tolerance to any asthma or allergy medications.
- I would inspect each individual unit to ensure it was within the allowable dimensional tolerances, using a tape measure, and the surface finish by visual inspection.
- Designed for earthmoving with tight tolerances, it can provide accuracy within 6 mm.
- Harder than wrought iron, but with less carbon than true steel, mild steel was made in industrial-sized batches, and although it was easier to machine with close tolerances, it was harder for blacksmiths to forge and weld.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.