Translation of tolerate in Spanish:
- 1.1 (be tolerant of)(view/attitude/behavior)I won't tolerate such impertinence!¡no voy a tolerar semejante impertinencia!Example sentences1.2 (stand, endure)
Example sentences1.3 (Medicine)
- Nor can Bulgaria afford to have its image besmeared again by being seen to be tolerating such practices.
- No nation can prosper where corrupt practices are tolerated or in some aspects even encouraged.
- This shocking and disgraceful practice should not be tolerated in any society.
- Her mother barely tolerated her ex-husband, and he was way down on her list of favorite conversation topics.
- Robinson had been brought up by a mother who tolerated men, while believing herself superior.
- Thank you to my colleagues who have supported and tolerated me.
- In addition, this medication is well tolerated, with few adverse effects.
- Antiviral therapy is not highly effective in transplant patients and poses additional problems for these individuals, who may have difficulty tolerating the potent drugs it involves.
- Patients tolerating the drugs initially are much less likely to develop side effects afterward.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than