- 1 (invigorating) tonificante, tónicoMore example sentences
- The Chinese sometimes include zhu ling (they use the sclerotium rather than the fruiting body) as an ingredient in herbal tonic formulas.
- But it is neither a variation on one of the old iron supplements nor is it a food, although its adherents say it has tonic properties and you do apply it to the body.
- Digestive tonic properties and early experimental findings that its long-term use promotes the heart and vascular system are other feathers in the cap for this herb.
- 2 [Mus] [scale/chord] tónico tonic accent acento (m) tónicoMore example sentences
- At first, whirling scales and broken arpeggios scamper across the keyboard, hopefully tethered by tonic pedal notes in the bass.
- After an unusually long and chromatic development the recapitulation begins in the tonic minor.
- Indeed, the tonic D, which has held sway over much of the movement's main tonal and harmonic thrust, is thrown into some degree of crisis.