- 1.1 [path] tortuoso, sinuosoMore example sentences1.2 [plot/reasoning/mind] tortuoso, enrevesado
More example sentences
- Varicose veins are tortuous, twisted, or lengthened veins.
- The Ryder Cup trail has often been tortuous, twisting and downright tedious, but the rewards to the Scottish economy are expected to be enormous.
- Eventually, after a particularly tortuous twist, the path opened out and they came to the Cave of the Prophet.
- Instead of destroying their sculptures, managers have to hand their work over to a different group to complete - a tortuous experience.
- But where does the inquiry go from here after the tortuous and lengthy taking of the evidence?
- The classification of tropical karst is highly complex, with a tortuous terminology derived from several languages.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.