- → tousledExample sentences
- Certainly it is the face of the tousle-haired youth with a hint of acne, who, as you enter, stares out from the confines of an aluminium frame set on a signpost.
- The tousle-haired performer is bringing his unique show, Comedy 4 Kids, to Dartford's Orchard Theatre this month in an event which promises alternative comedy sketches, improvisation and some very silly songs.
- As a tousle-haired poet, he waxes lyrical with sculptress Clotilde Hesme in a black-and-white love letter to the 1960s, with much drug-taking and aimless hanging out in new-wave style.
Definition of tousle-haired in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.