Translation of tout in Spanish:
- 1 (offer, sell)(wares)
ofrecer(tickets) (British English)
- So it's no surprise to see every major player in the market touting special offers.
- The reply was to my now standard response to people hawking or touting things, which is ‘No thanks, I'm only interesting in drinking and girls’.
- Expanding an effort to position Caller ID as family friendly, Sprint this week will break a new TV, print and radio campaign in local markets to tout the service.
- 2 (in horseracing)(information/tips)
- 3 (promote)(idea/product)
- It is too new and too insular just yet to be touted as having surpassed the personal skill of the candidate, the mainstream media and advertising as the most effective way to reach voters, as some have argued.
- Being organised by the Apparel Export Promotion Council, in association with the Ministry of Textiles, the fair is being touted as the biggest garment fair of the Indian apparel industry.
- All three have been touted as potential suitors for the Edinburgh-based bank in the past, and may yet be able to persuade their shareholders that it is worth paying a hefty premium for whisking her away from under Halifax's nose.
- 1 (person soliciting custom)(persona que busca clientes)Example sentences
- This is the best term to use for touts - street hawkers who approach you at every tourist stop to ask you to buy things.
- If you can handle Delhi's touts, beggars, street-chaos, noise and hard bargaining, then the rest of India will feel like a bit of a walk in the park in comparison.
- There are no street-children, no touts and no drugs.
- 3 (in horseracing)(persona que vende información confidencial, datos, pronósticos etc)Example sentences
- After a two-month trial, a former racetrack tout and his former accountant were found guilty of conspiracy to defraud people who invested in a racing syndicate.
- Lagging behind, he bought a $2 tip sheet from a racetrack tout, who told him for five bucks he would ‘mark all the winners.’
- They're worse than track touts, but certain ideas have crossed my mind.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.