- 1 [Cars/Automovilismo] [Nautical/Náutica] remolque (masculine) to give sth/sb a tow remolcar* algo/a algn on tow (British English/inglés británico) vehículo remolcado in tow (lit) a remolque (following behind) a la zaga to take a car/boat in tow llevar un coche/bote a remolque, remolcar* un coche/bote she arrived with her relatives in tow llegó con sus parientes a la zaga (before noun/delante del nombre) tow hook (especially British English/especialmente inglés británico) gancho (masculine) de remolqueMore example sentences
- We stopped to give a tow to that stranded boat, the one with the two families on it.
- Realising the going would not be good on the Knavesmire for heavy traffic they decided to offer a tow to vehicles taking part in the Northern Motor Caravan Show.
- And if you find yourself getting tired, Matti will happily start up the outboard on his boat (outside Kolovesi NP) and give you a tow.
- 2 (fibers for rope) estopa (feminine)
The PAN (Partido de Acción Nacional) is the political party that won the Mexican general elections in 2000, breaking the Partido Revolucional Institucional's record of 71 years in power. PRI - Partido Revolucionario InstitucionalPAN was founded in 1939 as a conservative alternative to President, Lázaro Cárdenas. It presents an image of being a defender of popular causes, but takes an individualistic approach to matters of education and property. Its traditional policies include limiting state intervention in the economy to a minimum and bringing about a greater rapprochement between the government and the church.
- [car/boat/trailer] remolcar*, llevar a remolque they towed the car away se llevaron el coche a remolque our car has been towed la grúa nos ha llevado el cocheMore example sentences
- They particularly want to hear from the occupants of two vehicles, a white caravanette and a car towing a caravan, who may have seen the accident.
- Not only cars pass me at these speeds but lorries and, would you believe, cars towing caravans!
- An hour or two later, the ferry tows the gigs home.