Translation of trainer in Spanish:
- 1 (of athletes) [Sport/Deporte] entrenador, (masculine, feminine); (of racehorse) preparador, (masculine, feminine); (of performing animals) amaestrador, (masculine, feminine), adiestrador, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- He's the outstanding racehorse trainer, the trainer of flat race horses I suppose in the world.
- The committee included jockeys, owners, trainers, racing association members, and racing officials.
- She's one of those rare young people who touched counselors, teachers, coaches and trainers alike.
- 2 (aircraft) entrenador (masculine)Example sentences
- The naval air arm also had some Aermacchi 339 jet trainers - small aircraft that could be configured as light strike fighters.
- Moving up from simple trainers to more complex aircraft is well worth the extra effort
- After the war, a number of Pups came to Australia and flew until at least 1925, mainly as trainer fighter aircraft.
- 3 (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], (athletic shoe) zapatilla (feminine) de deporte, tenis (masculine), deportivas (feminine plural)Example sentences
- I like smart/casual boots or shoes rather than trainers or sneakers.
- All you should need to take is a pair of very flimsy flip-flops or sandals for the beach, a pair of trainers or canvas shoes to wander around in and a pair of evening shoes for nights out.
- He will need individually made insoles permanently, and wear trainers rather than shoes for comfort.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Browse other language resources
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...