Translation of transfer in Spanish:
transitive verb -rr-American English: /trænsˈfər/ , /ˈtrænsfər/ British English: /transˈfəː/ , /trɑːns-/, /-nz-/
- 1 1.1(funds/account)he transferred the money to his current account
transferirtransfirió el dinero a su cuenta corrienteExample sentences1.2 she transferred the ownership of the real estate to her partner
le transfirió el dominio del inmueble a su sociohe transferred ownership of the firm to his daughter/his shares to his wifele traspasó la compañía a su hija/sus acciones a su mujerExample sentences1.3
- At ten I transferred myself from the couch to the bed.
- Otherwise, the grease and dirt on the gloves transfers to the couch or clothing.
- Finally, if you need a blood transfusion (when donated blood is transferred into your body), you may need a blood test to check what blood group you are.
(call)can you transfer me to Sales?
- First, property rights were transferred from advanced cooperatives to the commune, further centralizing ownership.
- The Government wants to transfer the onus of responsibility but without giving any remuneration for the costs associated with it.
- Moreover, one party cannot simply extinguish its responsibility by transferring custody to another.
pasar¿me puede comunicar or ( (Spain) tb) poner con Ventas?Example sentences1.4
- The line was transferred to the man's office and he picked up as Vincent greeted, ‘Hey, Lionel.’
- Eric heard a click as Haylie transferred the line.
- She asked if I would like to be transferred to the phone department to talk to someone about the phone charges that are wrong.
trasladar(player) (British English)he's been transferred to Boston
traspasarlo han trasladado a Bostonwe were transferred to another trainnos cambiaron de trenExample sentences1.5
(object)transfer the meat to a serving dish
- He moved over to St. Louis in 1899 when the owner of the two teams transferred his best players to the Cardinals.
- It drives transfer markets, makes football a viable business and keeps teams fresh.
- I don't know what goes on in the world of football transfers these days.
pasarpase la carne a una fuente1.6
coloque la carne en una fuente(design/pattern)
- He then turned his paper over, before placing it on the canvas and applying powdered chalk to transfer the design to the surface beneath.
- Additionally, an artist or publisher who transfers an artwork by a license can also retain greater control over the way it is marketed.
- Students use their previously prepared drawings to transfer their images to the leather-hard clay planter.
intransitive verb -rr-American English: /trænsˈfər/ , /ˈtrænsfər/ British English: /transˈfəː/ , /trɑːns-/, /-nz-/
- (Transport) you have to transfer at Chicagotiene que hacer transbordo or transbordar en Chicagoto transfer
tosomethingJohn transferred to another course/departmentJohn se cambió a otro curso/se trasladó a otro departamentothe passengers transferred to a buslos pasajeros se bajaron y tomaron un autobúsExample sentences
- A few minutes later, the bus arrives at the location where I need to transfer to another route.
- It means rail passengers will no longer have to transfer to buses for journeys around Stockport.
- Another key dislike is transferring, they like a direct journey, really they want to get from A to B as quickly and as easily as possible.
nounAmerican English: /ˈtræn(t)sfər/ British English: /ˈtransfəː/ , /ˈtrɑːns-/, /-nz-/
- 1 1.1 uncountable or countable (Finance, Law) (of funds, accounts)(of power) transferencia (feminine)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 uncountable or countable (of employee)
- One tool might be to authorize interbasin transfers, moving water from one basin to another.
- Gift economies are not so much exchanges between two agents as they are transfers, the sheer moving of stuff through webs of human relations.
- Not only does that entail a transfer of wealth from cities to suburbs, it also means that services are not supplied where they are most valued.
(of player) (British English)she applied for a transfer
- ‘Conveyance’ being the transfer of property from the conveyor to the purchaser.
- Both parties shall execute all property transfers and documents reasonably necessary to fully effect the sale closing, failing which the court may be spoken to for directions.
- Article 14 also contains provisions as to what should happen if the transferor defaults in executing a transfer of his shares.
traspaso (masculine)solicitó el trasladotheir best player has asked for a transfersu mejor jugador ha pedido el traspaso1.3 uncountable or countable (of passengers)Example sentences1.4 countable (person) he's a transfer from another branch
lo han trasladado de otra sucursalthe club's latest transfer (British English)el último fichaje del clubtransfer seasonépoca (feminine) de traspasos
- The shortage of sheltered safe berthing forces commercial craft to moor off in stormy conditions with potentially hazardous transfers in open boats.
- Despite bursts of slow running south of Fort Lauderdale we arrived at the Miami Metrorail transfer only 7 minutes late.
- The business folks had shared $80 cab rides from the Miami Metrorail transfer to West Palm Beach.
- 2 countable (Transport) 2.1 (on journeys, tours) 2.2 (permit) (American English)(billete mediante el cual se puede cambiar de tren o autobús sin pago adicional)Example sentences
- The new system will feature magnetic FareSaver tickets and ticket transfers which passengers will be able to insert into digital fare boxes on buses.
- The metro system in the reference design is very cunning: there are only three lines, and everything is reachable with a single transfer.
- Passengers can ask for a transfer ticket when they board the bus.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.