Translation of transition in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1 (change) a period/time of transitionun período/una época de transiciónto be in a state of transitionestar en estado de transicióntransition
fromsomething tosomethingtransición (feminine)the transition from dictatorship to democracy dealgo aalgola transición de la dictadura a la democraciahe successfully made the transition from monastic to secular lifepasó de la vida monástica a la secular sin problemas(before noun) (period/stage)transition element (Chemistry)
de transiciónelemento (masculine) de transiciónExample sentences
- The situationists only wanted what could never exist, never accepting a period of transition, a process of change.
- He skilfully dissects the complex and varied forms of the labour process during periods of transition.
- For these other countries, postcommunism designates the period of transition and radical democratic changes that followed the end of communist rule.
- 2 (Music)Example sentences
- I was bowled over by the energy of the Seventh Symphony which has a lovely transition in the First Movement and a dreamy Allegretto reminding one of hallowed antiquity.
- In a telling transition from B minor to F major, Delius calms the troubled man.
- A quick transition to the major tonality provides sunshine.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.