- 1.1 (without parallel lines) (esp AmE) trapezoide (m)More example sentences1.2 (with parallel sides) (esp BrE) trapecio (m)
More example sentences
- With the help of square, rhombus, rectangle, parallelogram, trapezium, equilateral, isosceles, diamond and kite shapes the direct and indirect approaches to teach the Pythagoras Theorem and other mathematical concepts is possible.
- On plan the auditorium is a trapezium rising three levels high inside its rectangular confines with rehearsal and dressing rooms fitted around two edges.
- The types of shapes for which the area is calculated include triangles, rectangles, circles, trapeziums.
- In particular he finds, in book 1, the centre of gravity of a parallelogram, a triangle, and a trapezium.
- They have been made in many shapes: triangular or trapeziform, ‘pig's head’ shape (a trapezium with concave ‘cheeks’, popularly known in Italy as strumento di porco), wing or harp-shaped, or rectangular.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...