Translation of travel in Spanish:
intransitive verb (British) travelling travelled
- 1 (make journey) when are you traveling?¿cuándo viajas?they traveled by nightviajaron de nocheto travel by air or by planeviajar en aviónto travel by rail or train
volarviajar en trento travel overland/by roadviajar por tierra/por carreterato travel on horseback/footir a caballo/a piepassengers traveling to Budapestlos pasajeros con destino a Budapestwe were traveling very lightviajábamos con muy poco equipaje or muy ligeros de equipajeI have to travel a lot in my jobtengo que viajar mucho por cuestiones de trabajoI spent a month traveling around Franceestuve un mes viajando por or recorriendo FranciaExample sentences
- I once fell in love over the internet, and travelled 5 thousand miles to meet her.
- It is thought thousands of people travelled for hundreds of miles bringing their cattle with them for the feast, which was held after the Roman invasion.
- On one occasion he ran eight marathons in just ten days, and has often had to travel for thousands of miles to get from one race to the next.
- 2 2.1 (move, go)(vehicle)
propagarse(bobbin/piston)we were traveling at more than 80mph
desplazarseíbamos a más de 80 millas por horaskiers travel down the slope at incredible speedslos esquiadores bajan por la pendiente a velocidades increíblesthe ball traveled 100mla pelota recorrió 100mnews travels fastlas noticias vuelanthe rumor traveled swiftly around the buildingel rumor se propagó or extendió rápidamente por todo el edificiothe crane travels on railsla grúa se desliza or corre sobre rielesthe liquid travels along this pipeel líquido corre or va por esta tuberíaExample sentences2.2 (move fast) [colloquial]he was really traveling!
venía/iba a toda velocidadvenía/iba como una bala [colloquial]Example sentences
- This means that light rays travel to the back of the retina before they have been bent by the cornea and lens.
- No studies have been made in bordering countries, although there are concerns that radiation travels via the wind, water and fauna.
- The amount of rays constantly traveling through their body was immeasurable.
- A third articulated lorry travelling behind the three vehicles also moved across and as it did so ploughed into the back of the car, shunting it into the trucks in front.
- I feel that calming has a significant effect on vehicles: cars travelling at excessive speeds would create a series of noises from each ‘hump’.
- Now appreciate that a vehicle traveling at 60 mph moves 88 feet per second.
- 3 (react to being transported) this wine travels very wellla calidad de este vino no se ve afectada por el transporteBritish humor doesn't travel wellel humor británico resulta difícil de entender en el extranjero
- 4 (Business)ser viajanteto travel
ser corredor (Río de la Plata)
insomethinghe travels in perfumeryes representante or (Río de la Plata also) corredor de artículos de perfumería
transitive verb (British) travelling travelled
recorrer(road/distance)we travel the length and breadth of the country
recorrerviajamos a lo largo y ancho del paísExample sentences
- In his time with the company, he travelled every road and boreen in the Waterford area and he had many a conversation with his clients about farming life.
- In England the road traffic code system is much the same as here, if you stay away from the motorways and travel the country roads.
- This is the age at which they can wander and be induced to travel the wrong road.
- 1 1.1 uncountable (activity)viajes (masculine plural)cheap travelviajes a precios reducidoshis job involves a lot of traveltiene que viajar mucho por su trabajohow much do you spend on travel to work?¿cuánto gastas para ir al trabajo?the cost includes travel to and from the airportel precio incluye los traslados al y desde el aeropuertowe covered 800km in a day's travelhicimos 800km en un día de viajeAcme TravelViajes (masculine plural) Acme(before noun) (company/brochure)
de or sobre viajesdespertador (masculine) de viajetravel bagbolso (masculine) de viaje or de manotravel documentsdocumentos (masculine plural) de viajetravel newsboletín (masculine) informativo para el viajerotravel writer(persona que escribe libros o artículos sobre viajes)Example sentences1.2
also: travels pluralviajes (masculine plural)if you see Pete in your travels [colloquial]si ves a Pete por ahí
- It would provide lots of adventure and travel but at the same time also put a safe distance between him and some of the men and women he had cheated.
- It also avoided a lot of travel back and forward.
- Twenty-five years ago, I learned about business travel by spending a lot of time in San Francisco.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.