- 1.1 (unrewarding situation) rutina (feminine) back to the treadmill! ¡de vuelta al yugo!More example sentences1.2 [History/Historia] [Medicine/Medicina] rueda (feminine) de andar
More example sentences1.3 [Sport/Deporte] (in gym) cinta (f) de andar or correr, trotadora (f) (Chile)
- While debt relief has been extremely effective, it is not sufficient to allow poor countries escape the treadmill of borrowing to repay old loans.
- In 1995, his second book, Ocean of Sound, provided a handy escape from the journalistic treadmill.
- New to Scotland, the classes are being booked up by people who have grown tired of the treadmill and are taking up tassels instead.
More example sentences
- Where humans worked against gravity, as they did inside cage wheels and upon treadmills, we can calculate the power outputs.
- The work required of workhouse inmates, especially the treadmill, was so hard that most apprentices were unable to work for several days upon their return to the plantation.
- The original carousel opened in 1871 and was powered by a blind mule and a horse which walked a treadmill in an underground pit.
- Exercise therapy comprised an individualised aerobic exercise programme, mostly walking on treadmills and cycling on exercise bicycles.
- The six male and six female participants completed four 90-minute walks on a treadmill in a refrigerated wind tunnel.
- For exercise, each subject walked on a treadmill at a rate sufficient to achieve a minute ventilation that was approximately 3 times his or her resting rate.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, a privately owned school that receives no government funds is called a colegio privado. Parents pay monthly fees. Colegios privados cover all stages of primary and secondary education.