Translation of treadmill in Spanish:
- 1.1 (unrewarding situation) back to the treadmill!¡de vuelta al yugo!Example sentences1.2 (History, Medicine)
rueda (feminine) de andarExample sentences1.3 (Sport) (in gym)
- While debt relief has been extremely effective, it is not sufficient to allow poor countries escape the treadmill of borrowing to repay old loans.
- In 1995, his second book, Ocean of Sound, provided a handy escape from the journalistic treadmill.
- New to Scotland, the classes are being booked up by people who have grown tired of the treadmill and are taking up tassels instead.
cinta (feminine) de andar or correr
- Where humans worked against gravity, as they did inside cage wheels and upon treadmills, we can calculate the power outputs.
- The work required of workhouse inmates, especially the treadmill, was so hard that most apprentices were unable to work for several days upon their return to the plantation.
- The original carousel opened in 1871 and was powered by a blind mule and a horse which walked a treadmill in an underground pit.
trotadora (feminine) (Chile)Example sentences
- Exercise therapy comprised an individualised aerobic exercise programme, mostly walking on treadmills and cycling on exercise bicycles.
- The six male and six female participants completed four 90-minute walks on a treadmill in a refrigerated wind tunnel.
- For exercise, each subject walked on a treadmill at a rate sufficient to achieve a minute ventilation that was approximately 3 times his or her resting rate.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.