Translation of treasure in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (hoard of wealth)tesoros (masculine plural)they were hunting for buried treasurebuscaban tesoros escondidosthe galleon was laden with treasureel galeón estaba lleno de riquezasExample sentences1.2 countable (something valuable, prized) the treasures of Antiquity
los tesoros de la antigüedadart treasurestesoros artísticosthis letter is one of my treasuresesta carta es uno de mis más preciados tesorosa good mechanic is a real treasureun buen mecánico es una verdadera joyaa treasure house of informationuna mina de informaciónExample sentences1.3 (term of endearment) you're a treasure!
- He drew it back, cradling it like precious treasure.
- Russia, having annexed the Crimea, had embarked on a titanic struggle with the Ottoman Empire which was absorbing stupendous quantities of manpower and treasure.
- He had always sort of imagined love, a fact he guarded more carefully than the most precious of his treasure.
¡eres un tesoro!Example sentences
- Ancient manuscripts depicting the history of Armenia are housed in the national library, Madenataran, and are valued national and historical treasures.
- Sometimes, this involved the omission of some real treasures.
- If you don't drink the occasional bottle of Californian wine, then you're missing out on some real treasures.
- He's a national treasure and I just love the guy.
- Congratulations Maureen; you're one of Kilmead's real treasures.
- Oliver's been a real treasure and has loosely formed a routine for both day and night.
- 1.1 (value greatly) thank you for the book, I shall always treasure itgracias por el libro, siempre significará muchísimo para míyou should treasure a friend like himdeberías apreciar or valorar muchísimo a un amigo como élI treasure the moments we spent togetherel recuerdo de los momentos que pasamos juntos es muy preciado para mí1.2
atesoro el recuerdo de los momentos que pasamos juntos [literary]also: treasured past participlemy most treasured possessionmi bien más preciado [literary]
guardar como un tesoro
guardar como un tesoro
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.