- 1 1.1 c (trivial thing) nimiedad (f) don't waste your time on trifles no pierdas el tiempo en nimiedades your problem is a mere trifle compared to mine tu problema no es nada or es una nimiedad comparado con el míoMore example sentences1.2 (small amount) (no pl) insignificancia (f) it only cost a trifle costó una insignificancia or una bagatela show a trifle more interest! ¡a ver si muestras un poquitín or una pizca más de interés! it's a trifle too salty (as adv) está un poquitín or un pelín salado [familiar/colloquial]
More example sentences
- It appears that you have finally realized the importance of trifles, but you have not yet learned what to do with them.
- Today's scripted trifles are the most important trivia of his life.
- At times the whole world seems to be in conspiracy to importune you with emphatic trifles.
- It seems 100 million won is a trifle as the value system of money is shaken and the social function of money is faltering in the raging Lotto syndrome.
- The £2.50 or so I try and save is a mere trifle, but I am obsessed by it.
- It cost me but a trifle.
- 2 u c [Culin]postre de bizcocho, jerez, crema y frutas sopa (f) inglesa (RPl)More example sentences
- There were cold meats of every kind, huge bowls of mixed salads, large desserts, trifles, jellies tarts and mince pies, and also some very interesting looking hors d' oeuvres.
- Whether it comes as a traditional bowl of fruit and Jersey cream or a rich trifle, vivid ice cream or cool cheesecake, the combination is an unmissable part of the British summer.
- Sherry, brandy, and Marsala add flavour and an alcoholic kick to creamy puddings such as trifle, syllabub, cranachan, brose, tiramisu, zabaglione, and egg nog.
trifle withv + prep + o
- [person/emotions] jugar* con she is not a person to be trifled with no es una persona con la que se pueda jugar to trifle with sb's affections jugar* con los sentimientos de algn
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)