Translation of trill in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Music/Música] trino (masculine) 1.2 (of bird) trino (masculine), gorjeo (masculine)Example sentences1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] vibración (feminine)
- In his effort to successfully attain variation of material, as well as timbre imitation, he employs a wide variety of ornaments such as mordents, trills, broken chords and appoggiaturas.
- In the second section the flute ignites sparks of tone through rapid tonguing, tremolos, staccatos and trills as the tape sounds ebb and flow, gradually evolving from one harmony to the next.
- The disadvantages are the impossibility of playing some chords and the need to be neat-fingered when playing trills on two notes which share a string.
- Holding the reins of his cart pony, he gave a sharp trill of his tongue.
- The tongue trills of the Irish singer Roger Whittaker continue to delight audiences the world over.
- There is a small error in the article on the addition of a symbol for the labiodental flap to the International Phonetic Alphabet: the bilabial trill does not still await its day.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas