- 1 (Mathematics)Example sentences
- In general, you will be trying to factor quadratic trinomials that look like a * y ^ 2 + b * y + c where a, b, and c are expressions not involving y…
- Al-Khwarizmi's concept of algebra can now be grasped with greater precision: it concerns the theory of linear and quadratic equations with a single unknown, and the elementary arithmetic of relative binomials and trinomials.…
- A trinomial is the sum of three monomials.
- 2 (Biology)Example sentences
- Geographical variation in morphology has been documented in N. mediocris for many years via the recognition of trinomials (subspecies: N. m. mediocris, usambarica, fuelleborni, and bensoni.)
- Chronomorphs are recognized by a trinomial preceded by a ‘slash’ mark, such as in Ondatra zibethicus Imeadensis.
- Many invalid trinomials will persist until someone takes the time to quantify them and reassess their validity.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.