transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- derrotar de forma aplastante, darle* una paliza a [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
More example sentences
- Fylde gained ample revenge for an earlier 6-1 defeat by trouncing Arnside Reserves 10-1.
- Bury suffered their worst ever Football League Cup defeated when they were trounced 10-by West Ham.
- He jumped and travelled really well in that particular contest, as he trounced his opponent by 20 lengths.
- Critics trounced it, because that's what they do... they're fickle like that.
- Meanwhile, the young woman in the leather suit had trounced several of the black-clad thugs.
- On more than one occasion, a self-appointed individual would take it upon himself to give me a severe trouncing.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.