Translation of trounce in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- derrotar de forma aplastante, darle* una paliza a [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- Fylde gained ample revenge for an earlier 6-1 defeat by trouncing Arnside Reserves 10-1.
- Bury suffered their worst ever Football League Cup defeated when they were trounced 10-by West Ham.
- He jumped and travelled really well in that particular contest, as he trounced his opponent by 20 lengths.
- Critics trounced it, because that's what they do... they're fickle like that.
- Meanwhile, the young woman in the leather suit had trounced several of the black-clad thugs.
- On more than one occasion, a self-appointed individual would take it upon himself to give me a severe trouncing.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to