- derrotar de forma aplastante, darle* una paliza a [colloquial/familiar]More example sentences
More example sentences
- Fylde gained ample revenge for an earlier 6-1 defeat by trouncing Arnside Reserves 10-1.
- Bury suffered their worst ever Football League Cup defeated when they were trounced 10-by West Ham.
- He jumped and travelled really well in that particular contest, as he trounced his opponent by 20 lengths.
- Critics trounced it, because that's what they do... they're fickle like that.
- Meanwhile, the young woman in the leather suit had trounced several of the black-clad thugs.
- On more than one occasion, a self-appointed individual would take it upon himself to give me a severe trouncing.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...