Translation of truss in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (for roof, bridge)Example sentences1.2 (Medicine)
- We had to dismantle the roof structure without any trusses or center ring apparatus free-falling.
- Again, two crossbeams with camel's hump-shaped braces support the roof truss, and there is no king post.
- To provide this stability, the roof trusses were connected by pins to reinforced-concrete buttresses, or thrust blocks, at each end.
- For symptomatic hernias in younger men a truss may allow continuation of heavy work with greater comfort while awaiting operation.
- Wearing a truss may help to relieve the discomfort of a hernia, but will not improve the condition, and in some cases can cause further damage.
- A truss is rarely used nowadays, only when surgery is not possible or needs to be delayed.
- 2 2.1 (of fruit)(of flowers) ramo (masculine)Example sentences2.2 (of hay, straw) (British)
- Flowers were pollinated by hand and trusses pruned to four fruit.
- A weekly assessment of the number of flowers per truss and trusses per plant was also made.
- All axillary buds were removed, and six fruits were retained per truss.
- In 1795, Parliament specified that a truss of hay should equal 56 pounds for old hay or 60 pounds (about 27.2 kilograms) for new hay.
- But when Saturday morning came the thief got up early and hid himself under a truss of hay in the hayloft.
- A truss of hay of 66 pounds is therefore equal to 28 pounds of oats, or a bushel of the best oats will go as far as one truss and a half of hay.
- The response of engineers to this disaster was to go back to building bridges with reinforced trussed decks.
- Traditional construction of trussed roofs has these timbers built into the main walls for bearing in what is the most likely part of the wall to be wet.
- Unseen above the ceiling of the nave, inserted in 1670-1, is Kempley's second exceptional feature, its roof of trussed rafter construction.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.