Translation of tumble in Spanish:
- 1 (of acrobat)Example sentences
- She can perform huge vertical or horizontal leaps, often resulting in gymnastic tumbles and rolls in midair.
- Hampton has been into fitness since she took her first tumble in gymnastics as a young girl.
- He did the high wire. He did the acrobat tumbles.
- 2 (fall) to take a tumblecaerseExample sentences
- When he tumbles headlong down some stairs, we're treated to a slow-motion pan, looking down on him.
- A competitor in the under 17 race was taken to casualty with a damaged shoulder after taking a tumble on the descent.
- The condition means a simple tumble can leave the 14-year-old with broken bones and Hayley has suffered more than 200 fractures since she was born.
- 1 (fall)caersehe tumbled off his horse the basket went tumbling down the slopela cesta se fue rodando cuesta abajothe pile of cans came tumbling downel montón de latas se vino abajohe lost his balance and tumbled overperdió el equilibrio y se cayóI tumbled into bedme dejé caer en la camaExample sentences
- They tumbled down, falling down a small hill then down some brush.
- Fat drops tumbled down to slick the streets.
- Looking up at the water fall she had just tumbled down she decided to keep moving.
- 2 (roll, turn)(acrobat)
dar volteretas(kitten/children)the clothes tumbled around in the machine
retozarla ropa daba vueltas en la máquinaExample sentences
- On floor exercise one gymnast tumbled a double layout, two whips to double pike, and stuck full-in dismount.
- In 1999, she suffered the same injury to her left knee while tumbling on floor exercise.
- I will probably have to get surgery after Worlds because, for now, I can't tumble at all.
- 1 (make untidy)(hair)the bedclothes were all tumbleed
alborotarla cama estaba revuelta
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.