- 1.1 (of acrobat) voltereta (feminine)More example sentences1.2 (fall) caída (feminine) to take a tumble caerse*
More example sentences
- She can perform huge vertical or horizontal leaps, often resulting in gymnastic tumbles and rolls in midair.
- Hampton has been into fitness since she took her first tumble in gymnastics as a young girl.
- He did the high wire. He did the acrobat tumbles.
- When he tumbles headlong down some stairs, we're treated to a slow-motion pan, looking down on him.
- A competitor in the under 17 race was taken to casualty with a damaged shoulder after taking a tumble on the descent.
- The condition means a simple tumble can leave the 14-year-old with broken bones and Hayley has suffered more than 200 fractures since she was born.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- 1 (fall) caerse* he tumbled off his horse se cayó del caballo the basket went tumbling down the slope la cesta se fue rodando cuesta abajo the pile of cans came tumbling down el montón de latas se vino abajo he lost his balance and tumbled over perdió el equilibrio y se cayó I tumbled into bed me dejé caer en la cama
- 2 (roll, turn) [acrobat] dar* volteretas; [kitten/children] revolcarse*, retozar* the clothes tumbled around in the machine la ropa daba vueltas en la máquina
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (make untidy) [hair] alborotar the bedclothes were all tumbleed la cama estaba revuelta 1.2 (toss, turn) hacer* girar
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.