Translation of tumbler in Spanish:
- 1.1 (glass)vaso (masculine) (de lados rectos)whiskey tumblervaso (masculine) de whiskyExample sentences1.2 (acrobat)
acróbata (masculine and feminine)
- Wine was sometimes drunk from glass tumblers.
- Don't burn your fingers on a tumbler.
- He pauses to pour ice water into a clear glass tumbler, and drinks from it heartily.
volatinero, (-ra) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.3 (for gemstones)
tambor (masculine) (giratorio)1.4 (in lock)Example sentences1.5 (before noun) (Electricity) tumbler switch
- Clearly, we all have something to learn from these clowns and tumblers.
- Moving slickly between tumblers and acrobats, the action takes in an absurdly daring high-wire act.
- It must have been the end of the school day for them as a flurry of wannabe clowns, tumblers and tightrope walkers came out of the bar as I was passing by.
- Pieces fall comfortingly into place like tumblers in a well-oiled lock.
- The girls had never known lock picking to be such a dangerously loud task before, as Loki's attempts rattled the tumblers of the lock so much, someone in a surrounding house could hear it from an open door or window.
- Finally, the tumblers of the resistant lock had come round in the magical right combination.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.