Translation of tunnel in Spanish:
- (for road, railway, canal) túnel (masculine); (in mine) galería (feminine), socavón (masculine)Example sentences
- New roads and tunnels have been built and public transport modernised.
- A bank of trees here or a cycleway there makes no odds if you're building two major new roads and a massive tunnel.
- Drivers must now call the police immediately if their vehicles break down on elevated roads, tunnels and bridges across the Huangpu River.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
transitive verb/verbo transitivo ( (British English/inglés británico) -ll-)
- [passage] abrir* they tunneled their way out of prison escaparon de la cárcel abriendo or haciendo un túnel
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...