- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (fabric) tweed (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [jacket/suit] de tweedMore example sentences1.2
(tweeds plural)[Clothing/Indumentaria][ prendas de tweed ]More example sentences
- Dressed in grey trousers, a black and grey patterned polo shirt, and complementary tweed sports jacket, he is short and stocky.
- Traditional homespun tweed trousers are still sometimes worn by Aran Islander men.
- This crisp striped tie will match perfectly with navy and gray suits, or light tweed suits.
- Pretty tapestry print silky dresses are worn with sumptuous tweeds, suede, leather and velvet.
- I see them at the races, with the stout shoes, binoculars, tweeds and hats, or on horseback coming past the house, but I don't really know them.
- One approach is to go for the country look - leather boots, tweeds, twills, cashmere sweaters and maybe even a waxed coat.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.