Translation of twiddle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (act) I gave the knob a twiddle1.2 (flourish, ornament)giré el botónExample sentences
- The table is short of curlicues and twiddles and fancy bits.
- In the anteroom, little knots of people emit a cacophony of twangs and twiddles while, in the adjacent baronial hall, by a framed portrait of our hero, Dickie Speake's band is limbering up.
- The evolutionists just give the knobs of the ‘mechanism’ a twiddle here and there to ‘explain’ the data.
- With darker or lighter, this is easily done at the twiddle of a knob.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.