intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar], caer* [colloquial/familiar], darse* cuenta to twig
tosth darse* cuenta dealgo I don't think he'll twig to what's going on no creo que se dé cuenta de lo que está pasando
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- [colloquial/familiar] darse* cuenta deExample sentences
- Before his cover was blown, Baron Cohen managed to interview a staggering array of public figures without them twigging he was play acting.
- This is before he twigs that his German friend is gay.
- It's a safe bet that a good many Simpsons buffs snicker at the Comic Book Guy without quite twigging that they are, in fact, laughing at themselves.