Translation of twinkle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (of lights, stars)Example sentences1.2 (in eye) when you were just a twinkle in your father's eye [humorous]
cuando no eras más que un proyecto [humorous]Example sentences1.3 (instant) [colloquial]in a twinkle
- The twinkle of light began to grow and divide, until Peter could see a myriad of bright lights just up ahead.
- Tired twinkles of light came through the fissures in the roof tiles and a small window in the back wall.
- The stars serenely encased the green-and-brown planet in their milky twinkle, lighting up all the oceans with a crystal glow, a beautiful shine.
en un periquete [colloquial]
- The familiar twinkle danced in her sparkling brown eyes.
- A grin cracked across the man's stony face, and a twinkle gleamed from his eyes.
- I saw a mischievous twinkle in his eyes and he waved the salad.
- 1.1 1.2(eyes)Example sentences
- He's sitting there, one eyebrow raised, his beautiful eyes twinkling with amusement.
- ‘Look’, he said, his blue eyes twinkling with amusement.
- She looks at Jonnie, with eyes twinkling in amusement.
- The stars twinkle under the bright light of the full moon.
- There are some bright new southern stars twinkling as our northern lights try to recharge their batteries.
- As he turned out the light, three bright stars twinkled above the silent house.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.