Translation of unbecoming in Spanish:
- 1.1 (unseemly)(behavior/language)unbecoming
tosomebodyimpropio dealguienExample sentences1.2 (unflattering)
(clothes/hairstyle/color)poco favorecedorExample sentences
- They maintain that Irving's conduct was unbecoming of a reputable historian.
- Opinion columnists, meanwhile, busied themselves penning snide articles about Trollope, admonishing her for behaviour unbecoming of a grandmother of two.
- This behaviour is inexcusable and unbecoming of a registered medical practitioner.
- Without giving approval, Prudie will tell you what a friend in a similar situation does: Every year she picks out a piece of clothing that is unbecoming and one size too small.
- I snickered as I watched Travers become an unbecoming shade of red.
- You tell me in the car that my red fingernail polish is unbecoming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.