- 1.1 (unseemly) [behavior/language] indecoroso unbecoming
tosb impropio dealgnMore example sentences1.2 (unflattering) [clothes/hairstyle/color] poco favorecedor
More example sentences
- They maintain that Irving's conduct was unbecoming of a reputable historian.
- Opinion columnists, meanwhile, busied themselves penning snide articles about Trollope, admonishing her for behaviour unbecoming of a grandmother of two.
- This behaviour is inexcusable and unbecoming of a registered medical practitioner.
- Without giving approval, Prudie will tell you what a friend in a similar situation does: Every year she picks out a piece of clothing that is unbecoming and one size too small.
- I snickered as I watched Travers become an unbecoming shade of red.
- You tell me in the car that my red fingernail polish is unbecoming.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an