Translation of unbecoming in Spanish:
- 1.1 (unseemly) [behavior/language] indecoroso unbecoming
tosb impropio dealgnExample sentences1.2 (unflattering) [clothes/hairstyle/color] poco favorecedor
- They maintain that Irving's conduct was unbecoming of a reputable historian.
- Opinion columnists, meanwhile, busied themselves penning snide articles about Trollope, admonishing her for behaviour unbecoming of a grandmother of two.
- This behaviour is inexcusable and unbecoming of a registered medical practitioner.
- Without giving approval, Prudie will tell you what a friend in a similar situation does: Every year she picks out a piece of clothing that is unbecoming and one size too small.
- I snickered as I watched Travers become an unbecoming shade of red.
- You tell me in the car that my red fingernail polish is unbecoming.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Spain, the paga extra (or paga extraordinaria) is a bonus payment equivalent to a month's salary, paid twice a year, at Christmas and in July before the summer vacation, on top of the normal monthly salary. These bonuses are written into most permanent employment contracts.