Translation of uneasy in Spanish:
adjective uneasier, uneasiest
- 1 (anxious, troubled) I feel uneasy about leaving the children aloneme inquieta or me preocupa dejar a los niños solosshe had an uneasy conscienceno tenía la conciencia tranquilaExample sentences
- These families have not returned to Juda as yet and an uneasy silence pervades the huts left behind by them.
- Diego grew uneasy with the silence and stood up, she walked to the door and knocked on it.
- A silence came over them as neither knew what to say next to break the uneasy silence.
- 4 (insecure, precarious)(peace/alliance)
- Because of his concerns to get a job done right, Peter Saville and business have long had an uneasy relationship.
- Today's poem explores further that uneasy relationship between savage cat and gentle poet.
- Shoes have an uneasy relationship with feminism, because of their role as sexual signifiers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.