- 1 (unsuitable) she is a totally unfit mothercomo madre es totalmente inepta or incapazhe was unfit for the jobno estaba capacitado para el trabajounfit for human habitation unfit for human consumptionno apto para el consumothis is unfit for publicationesto no se puede publicarhe's unfit to be a priest
esto es impublicablees indigno de ser sacerdoteExample sentences
- In a report, officers said many of the council's buildings were ‘of a poor standard, unattractive to young people, and some are unfit for purpose’.
- Glasgow City Council's secure unit in Ayrshire is ageing and unfit for its purpose.
- They advised the farmers to use canal water as the underground water was unfit for agriculture purpose.
- The former clerk of a small town council who was paid more than a Cabinet Minister was ordered to repay £195,000 yesterday after a judge told him he was unfit for public office.
- If that's what Costa wants, he's unfit for office.
- Kenneth Grant, prosecuting, said Peterson had been claiming income support and housing and council tax benefits after declaring she was unfit for work.
- 2 (physically) you're unfitno estás en formathe doctor declared him unfit for work
estás fuera de formael médico dictaminó que estaba incapacitado para trabajarhe was unfit to driveno estaba en condiciones de manejar or (Spain) conducirExample sentences
- Physically unfit women at unhealthy weights have higher chronic disease risk.
- Jocks respect physical prowess and look down on unfit people for being weak and lazy.
- Seven backpackers briefly detained along with the eight taken by the rebels said they were allowed to go because they were physically unfit or lacked sturdy walking shoes.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.