Translation of universal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (general) general the measure was greeted with universal condemnation la medida fue condenada unánimemente this practise is becoming universal among doctors esta práctica se está generalizando entre los médicos universal proposition [Philos] proposición (feminine) universalExample sentences1.2 (worldwide) [peace/law/language] universal
Example sentences1.3 (all-purpose, versatile) [adaptor] universal; [motor/television receiver] universal a universal remedy una panacea (universal) universal joint o coupling junta (feminine) (universal) cardán
- Trinidad was granted universal adult suffrage in 1945.
- After World War II, universal adult suffrage was introduced and a party system was developed.
- It is rooted in a specific place and culture, but the concerns are universal.
- Instead, slang and universal loanwords are used, a so - called ‘globespeak.’
- As a universal machine, the computer and particularly its software are the centre of interest.
- Today the computer is the universal machine that is driving the Information Age.
- There's a yawning chasm between their user-experience of partially-universal machines and universal machines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.