Translation of universal in Spanish:
- 1.1 (general) the measure was greeted with universal condemnationthis practise is becoming universal among doctorsla medida fue condenada unánimementeuniversal proposition (Philos)esta práctica se está generalizando entre los médicosproposición (feminine) universalExample sentences1.2 (worldwide)
(peace/law/language)Example sentences1.3 (all-purpose, versatile)
- Trinidad was granted universal adult suffrage in 1945.
- After World War II, universal adult suffrage was introduced and a party system was developed.
- It is rooted in a specific place and culture, but the concerns are universal.
(adaptor)(motor/television receiver)a universal remedyuniversal joint o couplinguna panacea (universal)Example sentences
- Instead, slang and universal loanwords are used, a so - called ‘globespeak.’
- As a universal machine, the computer and particularly its software are the centre of interest.
- Today the computer is the universal machine that is driving the Information Age.
- There's a yawning chasm between their user-experience of partially-universal machines and universal machines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.