Translation of universal in Spanish:
- 1 (general) the measure was greeted with universal condemnationla medida fue condenada unánimementethis practise is becoming universal among doctorsesta práctica se está generalizando entre los médicosuniversal proposition (Philosophy)proposición (feminine) universalExample sentences
- Trinidad was granted universal adult suffrage in 1945.
- After World War II, universal adult suffrage was introduced and a party system was developed.
- It is rooted in a specific place and culture, but the concerns are universal.
- 3 (all-purpose, versatile)(adaptor)
universal(motor/television receiver)a universal remedy
universaluna panacea (universal)universal joint or couplingExample sentences
- As a universal machine, the computer and particularly its software are the centre of interest.
- Today the computer is the universal machine that is driving the Information Age.
- There's a yawning chasm between their user-experience of partially-universal machines and universal machines.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.