Translation of vacancy in Spanish:
noun plural vacancies
- 1 countable 1.1 (job) a vacancy exists for an electricianse necesita or se busca electricistato fill a vacancycubrir or proveer una vacantevacanciesExample sentences1.2 (in hotel)
habitación (feminine) librevacancieshay habitacionesno vacanciescupo agotado (Mexico)Example sentences
- The Pre-School Playgroup has a temporary vacancy for a Playgroup Assistant.
- As part of the development of our Psychology Service, vacancies have arisen for assistant psychologists.
- I recently posted an advertisement for a vacancy and want to avoid discriminating against minority groups.
- There are many holiday accommodation vacancies.
- After a minor argument, we pulled up in front of an older hotel with vacancies and checked in.
- Across the road, the Craigdarroch Arms Hotel has vacancies, as do various guest houses.
- 2 uncountable (blankness)Example sentences
- He was sitting towards the back of the vehicle, staring with a fixed expression into vacancy.
- Primitive peoples have more time than we for contemplation, and we err in thinking that when an Aborigine is sitting, apparently idle, looking into vacancy, his mind is necessarily blank.
- There's something about winter and snow that eliminates sound, and in that immense and roofless vacancy you sense another presence, something that doesn't move.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.