Translation of vacancy in Spanish:
noun plural -cies
- 1 countable 1.1 (job) a vacancy exists for an electricianto fill a vacancyse necesita or se busca electricistavacanciescubrir or proveer una vacanteExample sentences1.2 (in hotel)
vacancieshabitación (feminine) libreno vacancieshay habitacionescupo agotado (Mexico)Example sentences
- The Pre-School Playgroup has a temporary vacancy for a Playgroup Assistant.
- As part of the development of our Psychology Service, vacancies have arisen for assistant psychologists.
- I recently posted an advertisement for a vacancy and want to avoid discriminating against minority groups.
- There are many holiday accommodation vacancies.
- After a minor argument, we pulled up in front of an older hotel with vacancies and checked in.
- Across the road, the Craigdarroch Arms Hotel has vacancies, as do various guest houses.
- 2 uncountable (blankness)Example sentences
- He was sitting towards the back of the vehicle, staring with a fixed expression into vacancy.
- Primitive peoples have more time than we for contemplation, and we err in thinking that when an Aborigine is sitting, apparently idle, looking into vacancy, his mind is necessarily blank.
- There's something about winter and snow that eliminates sound, and in that immense and roofless vacancy you sense another presence, something that doesn't move.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to