Translation of value in Spanish:
- 1 u and c (monetary worth) valor (masculine) to gain o increase (in) value aumentar de valor, revalorizarse* to lose (in) value depreciarse books to the value of $500 libros por valor de 500 dólares insured against loss to a value of $10,000 asegurado contra pérdidas de hasta 10.000 dólares have you anything of value in your bag? ¿lleva algo de valor en el bolso? a painting of great value un cuadro muy valioso or de gran valor he set o put a value of $700 on the vase tasó el jarrón en 700 dólares you can't put a value on human life la vida humana no tiene precio value for money una buena relación calidad-precio all-inclusive value-for-money European tours (British English/inglés británico) viajes por Europa a buen precio con todo incluido that's good value (for money) está muy bien de precio
- 2 uncountable/no numerable (worth) valor (masculine) nutritional/educational value valor nutritivo/educativo publicity value valor publicitario I am well aware of his value to the company tengo plena conciencia de lo valioso que es para la compañía don't place too much value on what he says no le des mucha importancia a lo que diga they place a very high value on loyalty valoran mucho la lealtad the information may be of value to the police la información puede resultarle valiosa a la policíaExample sentences
- Each authority will end up with separate contracts and their total value will be worth more than £100m a year.
- He could not attach monetary value to the loss caused by the strike as no calculations hade been made yet.
- Nobody chose to collect anything of great monetary value.
- 3(values plural)(standards) valores (masculine plural) a set of (moral) values una escala de valoresExample sentences
- The ultimate deterrent to all of this is a strong set of moral values, rules and standards.
- In exit polls in about 1 in 5 voters ranked moral values as the most important issue in the election.
- We expect our schools to set standards, impart values and encourage responsible behaviour.
- 4 countable/numerable [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [Music/Música] valor (masculine)Example sentences
- To explain how the two sides change together, Jim gave sets of specific numeric values for the lengths.
- For numerical simulations, appropriate values of the various quantities must be determined.
- One of the great goals of fundamental physics is to find the reason for the precise numerical values of the constants that appear in the equations that prescribe the laws of Nature.
- Rhythmic values are quarter, eighth and half notes, and only the major finger pattern is used in the first chorale.
- Rapidly evolving note values will present issues with keeping a steady tempo.
- Her coloratura in the Jewel Song was hit or miss - the note values often approximated.
- In either case, the reference to neat depends on its use earlier and on its value as a word.
- Do the words have a unitary value which is extended in different ways in different contexts?
- For Saussure the value of words is not intrinsic, nor a function of signification, but is a property of the system.
- Digraphs U often has the secondary function of indicating a modified value for a preceding letter.
- Final ow with its non-standard value in low occurs in nearly four times as many words as the standard value in how.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [Finance] [assets/property/business] tasar, valorar, avaluar* (Latin America/América Latina) to value sth
atsth tasar ( or valorar etc) algo enalgo 1.2 (regard highly) [friendship/opinions/advice] valorar, apreciar; [freedom/privacy] valorar; [memento/gift] apreciar if you value your life si en algo aprecias tu vida 1.3(valued past participle of/participio pasado de)[friend/colleague] apreciado, estimado
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.