Translation of variety in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 1.1 uncountable (diversity) visiting clients gives the work some varietyvariety is the spice of lifesalir a visitar clientes hace que el trabajo sea más variadoen la variedad está el gustoExample sentences1.2 countable (assortment)variety
- The survey found that a lack of variety and poor nutritional quality of foods limits shoppers' ability to eat healthfully.
- Digital radio promised lower costs, higher quality and more variety.
- Unlike me, some people really do prefer uniformity to variety, regardless of cost.
ofsomethingthe fabric comes in a variety of shadeshe helped me in a variety of waysla tela viene en varios coloresfor a variety of reasonsme ayudó de muchas maneraspor varias or distintas or diversas razonesExample sentences1.3 countable (sort) chicks, but not the feathered variety [humorous]
muñecas, pero de las de carne y hueso [humorous]Example sentences
- Stallholders offered a variety of goods and a range of arts and crafts were on display.
- His work draws upon a variety of influences ranging from travel to music and film.
- However he has had a variety of different roles with a range of responsibilities.
- Small firms generally come in two varieties: family-run or entrepreneur-led.
- Municipal bonds come in two varieties: general obligation bonds and revenue bonds.
- New varieties generally last only five to seven years before they are replaced.
- 2 uncountable(British English) (Theater)variedades (feminine plural)Example sentences
- Simon Gross has worked extensively in theatre, television, cabaret and variety.
- With a London debut in 1891, he quickly established a successful career in music-hall, variety, pantomime, revue, operetta, and musical comedy.
- Of course, as a result of this I ended up singing on television variety shows along with Dinah Shore, Perry Como, Pat Boone, even Ethel Merman!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.