Translation of veneer in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (of wood, gold) a marble veneerun revestimiento imitación mármolExample sentences1.2 uncountable (outer appearance) See examples:veneer
- Much of today's furniture is made with a thin wood veneer over a core of particleboard, and this material also will rapidly absorb water.
- Then, make your pencil lines and cut on the back of the panel to avoid splintering the veneer with your circular saw.
- With a new blade in a utility knife, score the veneer front then back, flush with the stile on all edges; and bend it to complete the cut.
ofsomethinga veneer of sophisticationcapa (feminine) or barniz (masculine) dealgoun barniz de sofisticaciónExample sentences
- This story has taken on the image and the veneer of a fable and we are simply following the fable to its logical conclusion.
- Think about the thin veneer of civilization for a moment, and ask yourself how you would respond to chaos.
- Then the vocals kick in, stripping the veneer of respectability and reminding anyone who they are listening to.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.