Translation of veneer in Spanish:
- 1.1 u and c (of wood, gold) enchapado (masculine), chapa (feminine) a marble veneer un revestimiento imitación mármolExample sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (outer appearance) veneer
- Much of today's furniture is made with a thin wood veneer over a core of particleboard, and this material also will rapidly absorb water.
- Then, make your pencil lines and cut on the back of the panel to avoid splintering the veneer with your circular saw.
- With a new blade in a utility knife, score the veneer front then back, flush with the stile on all edges; and bend it to complete the cut.
ofsth capa (feminine) or barniz (masculine) dealgo a veneer of sophistication un barniz de sofisticaciónExample sentences
- This story has taken on the image and the veneer of a fable and we are simply following the fable to its logical conclusion.
- Think about the thin veneer of civilization for a moment, and ask yourself how you would respond to chaos.
- Then the vocals kick in, stripping the veneer of respectability and reminding anyone who they are listening to.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A piñata is a hollow figure made of cardboard, or from a clay pot lined with colored paper. Filled with fruit, candy, toys, etc, and hung up at parties, people take turns to stand in front of them blindfolded and try to break them with a stick. They feature in Mexican posadas