- 1.1 u and c (of wood, gold) enchapado (masculine), chapa (feminine) a marble veneer un revestimiento imitación mármolMore example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (outer appearance) veneer
- Much of today's furniture is made with a thin wood veneer over a core of particleboard, and this material also will rapidly absorb water.
- Then, make your pencil lines and cut on the back of the panel to avoid splintering the veneer with your circular saw.
- With a new blade in a utility knife, score the veneer front then back, flush with the stile on all edges; and bend it to complete the cut.
ofsth capa (feminine) or barniz (masculine) dealgo a veneer of sophistication un barniz de sofisticaciónMore example sentences
- This story has taken on the image and the veneer of a fable and we are simply following the fable to its logical conclusion.
- Think about the thin veneer of civilization for a moment, and ask yourself how you would respond to chaos.
- Then the vocals kick in, stripping the veneer of respectability and reminding anyone who they are listening to.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.