Translation of vernacular in Spanish:
- 1 (native language)lengua (feminine) vernácula(local speech) habla (feminine (with masculine article in the singular)) localhe told me, in the vernacular, to go away [humorous]me dijo, de manera muy castiza, que me fuera [humorous]
- 1 (Linguistics) (usually before noun)(language)
vernáculo(author)what's the vernacular name for this plant?
que escribe en la lengua vernácula¿cuál es el nombre común or vulgar de esta planta?the oldest vernacular epicel más antiguo poema épico en lengua vernáculaExample sentences
- Instead it will become regarded historically as a document that knowingly accelerated the demise of vernacular language usage in the Northern Territory.
- No record remains of the education that gave Chaucer lifelong familiarity with Latin and several vernacular languages and literatures.
- While many people speak English, in rural areas tribal languages are spoken, in addition to a few other vernacular languages.
- At a sitting of the local court a defendant used popular vernacular speech while being cross examined by the solicitor.
- Not only does Hurston allow rural Black Floridians to tell their own folktales, but she presents their tales in Black vernacular speech.
- Here is what I believe to be the vernacular understanding of the difference between shame, humiliation and embarrassment.
de estilo autóctono(architecture)
típico (de la región)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.