Translation of vestige in Spanish:
- 1.1 (trace) the vestiges of an ancient civilizationlos vestigios de una antigua civilizaciónthere's not a vestige of truth in his storyno hay ni un ápice de verdad or ni rastros de verdad en lo que diceExample sentences1.2 (Biology)
- For this flood, ministers have produced not a vestige of proof.
- This group are filthy in their habits, without a vestige of discipline, and are cowards to a degree.
- One more twist is required to help this far-fetched plot attain a vestige of credibility.
- Such a statement implies that the appendix represents a vestige of an organ with a former greater existence in the evolutionary sense, rather than in an earlier stage of its development.
- The ‘splint bones,’ far from being useless vestiges of evolution, play an important role in the horse's leg.
- Sprouts were distinguished from primary stems by the trace of an inflorescence and by the difference in the age of the shoots, which could be determined by counting the number of bud scale vestiges.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.