Translation of vicar in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Anglican) (esp in UK) párroco (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (Catholic) vicario (masculine) the Vicar of Christ el Vicario de Cristo
- The movement claims as active members 40 or 50 Church of England vicars and some Catholic priests.
- For 12 months cameras will follow the fortunes of the St Mary Magdalene's, which at present is being looked after by a vicar from a neighbouring parish, as the new incumbent tries to make a difference.
- She later earned a doctorate in psychology from Fordham University, and was the vicar for religious in the Trenton Diocese.
- The Pope's vicar or deputy for Rome, Cardinal Camillo Luini, also continues in his functions of providing for the pastoral needs of the city.
- Bishops should resume their traditional roles as vicars of Christ in their own dioceses and be prepared to consult with the presbyteral, pastoral, and finance councils provided for in canon law.
- Now, I suspect that most of us read this anecdote with a somewhat bemused attitude at the daring of the vicar for having asked something so time-consuming of his bishop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the