- uncountable and countable 1.1 (wickedness) the vice squadla brigada (feminine) anti-vicioExample sentences1.2
(of animal)(of horse)Example sentences
- Machiavelli sometimes associates these passions and desires which are inherent to human nature with vice and corruption and immoral, blameworthy, wicked, and dishonourable conduct.
- Divorce, hitherto a rarity, suddenly took off like a rocket and, as this plague of immorality and vice swept right across the western world, movie makers jumped on the bandwagon.
- Crime, vice and violence flourished, until Bow moved upmarket too and the fair was closed forever in the 1820s.
- Heredity may also predispose a horse to certain vices.
- Somebody turn this horse out or he'll develop stable vices!
- Some stabled horses develop abnormal behaviors called stable vices from the stress of confinement.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.